With just one direct employee (the Parish Clerk) the only vacancies that will appear on this website will be to co-opt a councillor.
When appropriate details will be shown on how to become a councillor together with details of how to apply.
PARISH COUNCILLOR ELIGIBILITY
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are over the age of 18.
- Are a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union.
And meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- You are registered as a local government elector for the parish of Stisted in respect of my qualifying address.
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish during the whole of the 12 months before the day of application.
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of application has been in the parish.
- You have lived in the parish or within 3 miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of application.
You will also be required to sign a declaration that you believe you are not disqualified from being elected by reason of any disqualification set out in, or decision made under, section 80 of the Local Government Act 1972, section 78A of the Local Government Act 2000 or section 34 of the Localism Act 2011. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- You are not employed by the Parish Council.
- You are not the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order.
- You have not been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of three months or more (including a suspended sentence), without the option of a fine, during the five years before the day of application.
- You have not been disqualified under the Representation of the People Act 1983 (which covers corrupt or illegal electoral practices and offences relating to donations) or under the Audit Commission Act 1998.